PSA for the day:
1) If you have an alarm, it is good to test your alarm
2) If you have a panic alarm, it is very good to test your panic alarm
3) If you are a place of commerce, it is very very good to test your robbery alarm
4) If you are a place that deals pretty much ONLY with money (read as; bank), it is very VERY good to test your robbery alarm
5) If you are a bank, it is very VERY good to teach your tellers how to act as one unit and recognize danger and press their alarms simultaneously
6) If you are a bank and your tellers make you proud by acting as one unit, it is good to know the police will recognize a unified effort as a more serious alarm and less likely to be an accidental bump on the alarm
More than any of the previous good things...
7) If you are a bank and your tellers act as one unit while practicing hitting their robbery/hold-up buttons, notify the police department that you will be testing your robbery/hold-up buttons PRIOR to conducting aforementioned drill!
It would seem like common sense, yes? Let's just say that common sense is lacking sometimes.
'Yea, though I walk through the valley of the epitome of morons, I will step ever lightly: for they are many and they are breeding.'
Welcome to my day.